Running all year round since 2002, the residency programme is at the heart of PACT Zollverein’s day to day work. Open to professional artists from home and abroad who work in the areas of dance, performance, media arts or music and closely linked to PACT’s two other core strands of activity in presenting work and facilitating research and development, the programme is a key element in PACT Zollverein’s profile as an Artists’ House supporting lively exchange between practice and theory. While occupying their own designated space and essentially working independently, residents may choose to take advantage of various kinds of production support such as dramaturgy, technical assistance, project management as well as press and publicity.
Thanks to the support of the Ministry for Families, Children, Youth, Culture and Sports of the State of North Rhine-Westphalia, residency recipients receive a grant to cover their living expenses and travel costs.
Residences are awarded twice a year by an international jury.
A residency project will not have a public showing!
The application deadline for residencies from february to mid july 2018 will be Monday, 3rd of july 2017 at 5 pm (central European time).
If you have any questions or would like to be included on our newsletter emailing list please send an email to: email@example.com.
A RESIDENCY CAN INCORPORATE THE FOLLOWING:
- Studio space (from 63 to 173 sq.m.)
- Local accommodation (maximum 6 people)
- Weekly grant allowance for all of the residency project participants (maximum group of 6 people)
- Travel costs covering one journey only per participant to and from PACT Zollverein (subject to prior agreement)
- Technical equipment (by arrangement and subject to availability)
- Stage rehearsals with professional technical supervision and support (by arrangement and subject to availability)